The web request failed.
404 – Not Found
On your webserver pallettes.json needs to be copied from install location analytics\webcontent\bi\common to the analytics\webcontent\bi\common folder
Key words for search:
404 – Not Found – palettes.json
cognos notification test pass but email doesn’t come
Unable to send emails from Cognos Server but no errors appear in the cogserver.log file
CNC-SDS-0408 There are email messages waiting to be sent.
CNC-SDS-0410 The email message was not sent
cognos analytics [Validate mail server properties.] [ ERROR ] The mail server cannot be reached.
Cognos Scheduled Jobs Randomly Stuck in ‘Waiting’ State
Testing mail server connection: [ERROR] Mail server authentication failed
When trying to access Event studio , images/icons are missing. Errors show up when trying to accessing any icons.
Errors like below:
- Object doesn’t support property or method ‘select Tab’ [getMessageFrame().selectTab(‘AgentTask-tasknumber’,’report’);]
- ‘doAction’ is underfined[doAction(‘url’)]
Screenshot of Event Studio which is having missing images when accessed
Mostly this issue is happening because of IIS configuration. To make sure this- open the dispatcher URL at server and check Event studio. Event studio should be working as required. Now this tells us that there is some issue with IIS configuration.
Go through the event studio steps by following IIS configuration guide- Event studio section
Though you might have run the bat file given by IBM, It might still not do all of it correctly. Its better to double check.
When I had this issue. Event Studio at URL Rewrite was missing 1 condition and Logical processing was set to “Match All”. I added that missing condition and changed Logical processing to “Match Any”
Following article talks about similar issue at UNIX server
At cognos Server- UDA and TMP files are few files which get created when a report is been run. These files will be deleted automatically after the report run is finished.
We might be in a situation when this files go big and not getting deleted after the session. At that time you can delete them manually. But if you are not able to delete manually (assuming you are having admin rights) then you need to check at cognos connection if any reports are running at background. Make sure there are no reports running in background, if they are then notify user and kill them.
An other option is to kill few services at task manager(not the cognos server related) and check whether the temp files are deleted or not.
cognos analytics uda files unable to delete
cognos analytics UDA Temp Files
Cognos analytics user gets a below error message –
You don’t have access to this asset. It might have been disabled, deleted or your permissions might have been reduced. Verify the state of the asset at its expected source location. You can remove the asset from your recent items by tapping OK.
User will get this access error request when they are trying to access the report from recently run reports which they had lost access to.
Once access given they shouldn’t see this error.
Save cognos report output to a server/network drive.
Bursting Cognos Reports to File System
To achieve bursting first we should make sure all the below steps are completed and tested.
part A: Configure Cognos Configuration.
1. Create a shared folder. Make sure that cognos servers are having access to this folder by checking properties, security of that folder
2. Go to Cognos Configuration –> actions–> General –> Archive file location –> type : file://\\servername\directory or file:///
3. Click test to make sure your syntax and access to that folder are accessible.
4. Go to “Data Access”–> Content Manager–> “Save report output to a file system” –> Change the value to “True”.
5. Restart the cognos service.
6. Save cognos configuration and restart the service.
7. Make above changes to all the content managers.
Part B: Creating File system at Cognos Connection
1. In Cognos administration, go to Configuration –> dispatcher and services
2. top right hand side click on “Define File system Location”
3. New — > provide name, File system location (this would be sub folder under file system location)
4. click Finish
You can create more file system locations to save reports in different folders in same main folder. This way you will have multiple folders at your file system location.
Part C: Saving the report to file system location.
1. at cognos connection go to required report — > “run with options” –> Advanced Options –> Run in the background –> You will see a new option on your right near delivery- “Save to the file system”. check this box and click on ” Edit the file system options”.
2. select/provide required location, Conflict Resolution, Name.
3. Click OK and then Run.
4. you would see new report in the new folder you mentioned
after above steps are completed and tested as required we can re-do Part-C by checking Bursting Option which would help the report to Burst to required folder.