The web request failed.
404 – Not Found
On your webserver pallettes.json needs to be copied from install location analytics\webcontent\bi\common to the analytics\webcontent\bi\common folder
Key words for search:
404 – Not Found – palettes.json
percentage(count (distinct [DataItem]))
Create a calculation by above syntax. Drag that column to cross-tab. You should be getting percentages of summary data.
Topics: Cognos Cross Tab & percent calculation in Total
cognos cross tab how to add percentage
create a render variable with ‘Expression Definition:’ as
ReportOutput () in ( ‘spreadsheetML’) –this would give output only for excel output report
ReportOutput () in ( ‘PDF’) — this would give specified output only for pdf output report.
ReportOutput () not in ( ‘PDF’) — This will hide specified output for pdf output report
Values that you could pass are available at below link.
Save cognos report output to a server/network drive.
Bursting Cognos Reports to File System
To achieve bursting first we should make sure all the below steps are completed and tested.
part A: Configure Cognos Configuration.
1. Create a shared folder. Make sure that cognos servers are having access to this folder by checking properties, security of that folder
2. Go to Cognos Configuration –> actions–> General –> Archive file location –> type : file://\\servername\directory or file:///
3. Click test to make sure your syntax and access to that folder are accessible.
4. Go to “Data Access”–> Content Manager–> “Save report output to a file system” –> Change the value to “True”.
5. Restart the cognos service.
6. Save cognos configuration and restart the service.
7. Make above changes to all the content managers.
Part B: Creating File system at Cognos Connection
1. In Cognos administration, go to Configuration –> dispatcher and services
2. top right hand side click on “Define File system Location”
3. New — > provide name, File system location (this would be sub folder under file system location)
4. click Finish
You can create more file system locations to save reports in different folders in same main folder. This way you will have multiple folders at your file system location.
Part C: Saving the report to file system location.
1. at cognos connection go to required report — > “run with options” –> Advanced Options –> Run in the background –> You will see a new option on your right near delivery- “Save to the file system”. check this box and click on ” Edit the file system options”.
2. select/provide required location, Conflict Resolution, Name.
3. Click OK and then Run.
4. you would see new report in the new folder you mentioned
after above steps are completed and tested as required we can re-do Part-C by checking Bursting Option which would help the report to Burst to required folder.
Check below link for details.
By using above mentioned steps your final url will look like
Cognos How to resize Select and Search prompts
Cognos How to change the default prompt option of search and select
use html2 for resize
use html3 for default option to contains
add 3 html items. 1 item before prompt and 2 items after prompt.
Prompt name say” ParName”
Quickie: Changing default option in a Select and Search Prompt