Default is 6 columns. To increase number of columns follow below procedure.
At Tableau workbook-
Go to Analysis–>Table Layout –>Advanced and change the number in Rows and Columns as per your need.
You can’t add more than 16 to this, but increase it to 16 (for identification).
Save cognos report output to a server/network drive.
Bursting Cognos Reports to File System
To achieve bursting first we should make sure all the below steps are completed and tested.
part A: Configure Cognos Configuration.
1. Create a shared folder. Make sure that cognos servers are having access to this folder by checking properties, security of that folder
2. Go to Cognos Configuration –> actions–> General –> Archive file location –> type : file://\\servername\directory or file:///
3. Click test to make sure your syntax and access to that folder are accessible.
4. Go to “Data Access”–> Content Manager–> “Save report output to a file system” –> Change the value to “True”.
5. Restart the cognos service.
6. Save cognos configuration and restart the service.
7. Make above changes to all the content managers.
Part B: Creating File system at Cognos Connection
1. In Cognos administration, go to Configuration –> dispatcher and services
2. top right hand side click on “Define File system Location”
3. New — > provide name, File system location (this would be sub folder under file system location)
4. click Finish
You can create more file system locations to save reports in different folders in same main folder. This way you will have multiple folders at your file system location.
Part C: Saving the report to file system location.
1. at cognos connection go to required report — > “run with options” –> Advanced Options –> Run in the background –> You will see a new option on your right near delivery- “Save to the file system”. check this box and click on ” Edit the file system options”.
2. select/provide required location, Conflict Resolution, Name.
3. Click OK and then Run.
4. you would see new report in the new folder you mentioned
after above steps are completed and tested as required we can re-do Part-C by checking Bursting Option which would help the report to Burst to required folder.
If you want to insert any new image in your report then you should place that image at following folder
Before Cognos analytics, images were placed at location –
When migrating from cognos 10 to 11 make sure to copy your images and place it at appropriate folder.