create a render variable with ‘Expression Definition:’ as
ReportOutput () in ( ‘spreadsheetML’) –this would give output only for excel output report
ReportOutput () in ( ‘PDF’) — this would give specified output only for pdf output report.
ReportOutput () not in ( ‘PDF’) — This will hide specified output for pdf output report
Values that you could pass are:
items: [xlsxData, CSV, spreadsheetML, HTML, layoutDataXML, PDF, XML, XLWA, MHT, rawXML, XHTML, singleXLS, HTMLFragment]
case sensitive: true
At cognos Server- UDA and TMP files are few files which get created when a report is been run. These files will be deleted automatically after the report run is finished.
We might be in a situation when this files go big and not getting deleted after the session. At that time you can delete them manually. But if you are not able to delete manually (assuming you are having admin rights) then you need to check at cognos connection if any reports are running at background. Make sure there are no reports running in background, if they are then notify user and kill them.
An other option is to kill few services at task manager(not the cognos server related) and check whether the temp files are deleted or not.
cognos analytics uda files unable to delete
cognos analytics UDA Temp Files
Cognos analytics user gets a below error message –
You don’t have access to this asset. It might have been disabled, deleted or your permissions might have been reduced. Verify the state of the asset at its expected source location. You can remove the asset from your recent items by tapping OK.
User will get this access error request when they are trying to access the report from recently run reports which they had lost access to.
Once access given they shouldn’t see this error.
Save cognos report output to a server/network drive.
Bursting Cognos Reports to File System
To achieve bursting first we should make sure all the below steps are completed and tested.
part A: Configure Cognos Configuration.
1. Create a shared folder. Make sure that cognos servers are having access to this folder by checking properties, security of that folder
2. Go to Cognos Configuration –> actions–> General –> Archive file location –> type : file://\\servername\directory or file:///
3. Click test to make sure your syntax and access to that folder are accessible.
4. Go to “Data Access”–> Content Manager–> “Save report output to a file system” –> Change the value to “True”.
5. Restart the cognos service.
6. Save cognos configuration and restart the service.
7. Make above changes to all the content managers.
Part B: Creating File system at Cognos Connection
1. In Cognos administration, go to Configuration –> dispatcher and services
2. top right hand side click on “Define File system Location”
3. New — > provide name, File system location (this would be sub folder under file system location)
4. click Finish
You can create more file system locations to save reports in different folders in same main folder. This way you will have multiple folders at your file system location.
Part C: Saving the report to file system location.
1. at cognos connection go to required report — > “run with options” –> Advanced Options –> Run in the background –> You will see a new option on your right near delivery- “Save to the file system”. check this box and click on ” Edit the file system options”.
2. select/provide required location, Conflict Resolution, Name.
3. Click OK and then Run.
4. you would see new report in the new folder you mentioned
after above steps are completed and tested as required we can re-do Part-C by checking Bursting Option which would help the report to Burst to required folder.
If you want to insert any new image in your report then you should place that image at following folder
Before Cognos analytics, images were placed at location –
When migrating from cognos 10 to 11 make sure to copy your images and place it at appropriate folder.
Cognos service fails to start by error –
” CFG-ERR-0103 Unable to start IBM Cognos service. Execution of the external process returns an error code value of -1 ”
When this error happens it happens mainly due to issue related to content store.
a. test content store. If its working then it might have got corrupted.
b. dispatcher port may be in use.
issue- In Cognos analytics(11.0.5+) when you are trying to configure content store with SQL server data base for the first time you will get the error – “cognos Content Manager failed to start because it could not load driver “com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver”.”
Solution is mentioned in below website:
Microsoft JDBC driver are found in below microsoft website:
Download the file – sqljdbc_188.8.131.52_enu.tar.gz from above microsoft link.
Extract the above file and find the file – “sqljdbc42.jar” and place it at cognos installation – install_location/drivers folder.
Re-open Cognos configuration and test the Content store.
for data source connection to work
keep “sqljdbc_auth.dll” file at drivers, bin64 folder.
Check below link for details.
By using above mentioned steps your final url will look like